Are you passionate about mobile and tablet technologies? Do you want to innovate the media industry? Do you have a track record in developing scalable platforms and high-end software?
Then join the leadership team of a young and dynamic start-up! Send us your CV together with your motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to drive its international expansion, Twipe is looking for a Director of Software Engineering.
The Director of Software Engineering will be a strong leader with excellent technical expertise and the ability to manage a team of software engineers and architects working on multiple projects within our software and platform engineering team.
This candidate will have an outstanding track record of developing highly scalable and distributed software applications with excellent quality.
This candidate will drive new technologies and best practices into the organization and be capable of managing teams across many projects, a variety of technologies and internationally distributed.
Responsibilities of Director of Software Engineering
This leader has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a high growth environment where priorities shift rapidly. He or she is a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly and who understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong, talented, opinionated team.
This leader should have a proven ability to design, deliver, and operate a technical service that is robust in the face of failure around it. It is important that this leader have an operational component to his/her leadership skill set.
Profile of Director of Software Engineering
Our mission is to develop the best mobile and tablet news app on a cloud based publishing platform. Apps that you can touch and swipe (or twipe). Engaging solutions with ergonomic and dynamic user design, both creative and cutting edge.
Our unique strengths:
- 1 integrated solution: including front-end app, CMS and workflow, content delivery
- Tablet Optimized Publication technology, fully internally developed
- focus on delivery delighting end user experience
- integration with Newsstand
- integration with iTunes automatic subscriptions
- deep knowledge of newspaper and magazine publishing on mobiles and tablets (since 2008)
Our reference cases:
- De Standaard HD (Tablet Optimized Newspaper)
- NRC Handelsblad (replica PDF Viewer)
- Het Nieuwsblad (flip reader + replica PDF Viewer)
- HUMO (touch & swipe reader + replica PDF Viewer)
- Het Belang Van Limburg (Picture Viewer, cfr Eyewitness)
- Gazet Van Antwerpen (Picture Viewer, cfr Eyewitness)
Send us your CV together with your motivation letter to email@example.com